Bronwyn said this would be an easy one, but not for me. I pondered this one. Postponed writing it since she gave me the topic. Even dreamed about it (granted I dreamed of an empty blog page with huge screaming letters for a title). When all the other blog links had rolled in, mine was still AWOL.
Then I thought of something I’ve been known to say (and no, it’s not “Everybody loves a good plague,” although I say that too.) On particularly bad house days, I sometimes pull out of the driveway and think, “If I came home and everything here was gone, I wouldn’t care as long as I had DH, the kids, and my wedding ring.” And there it was…three out of the five things I can’t live without.
1) DH. What can I say? We just work.
2) My sweet, talented, smart, (and also very talkative) girls. I see in them the potential and joy and energy to change the world.
3) My wedding ring. ‘Cause I really like it.
Which still left me with #s 4 and 5. So without further ado, I give you:
4) Beauty. Originally this started as music/art but then I realized that was two things. So let’s leave it at beauty, manmade or divine.
5) Avocados. ‘Cause they taste good…and they’re really a cool shade of green, although it is true I can sub artichokes on any given day.
BTW, leave a vote below for what I should call this here Wednesday dealie.